Pretty Pom & Squash Salad Recipe
Serves: 1 salad
A recipe for a salad, you ask? Maybe, but maybe moreso of an idea for the next time you reach for that “go-to” salad that bores your taste buds. This is a beautiful, bright, and fullfilling mixture of the flavors of fall and winter – enjoy!
- Mixed Greens – handful
- Roasted Squash – 1/2 cup
- Pomegranate Seeds/Arils – 2 Tablespoons
- Roasted Squash Seeds – 1 Tablespoon
- Feta – 1 Tablespoon
- Pomegranate Dressing – up to you
- Peel, deseed, and cut 1 butternut squash into 1 inch cubes. toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, then roast at 400F for about 45 minutes or until soft
- Clean the squash seeds by running the pulp under cold water, discarding everything but the seeds; dry between two linen towels or paper towels, dump onto sheet pan, spray with cooking oil, salt, and pepper, then roast at 400F for about 10-15 minutes
- When both the squash and its seeds are chilled, assemble salad or gentally toss all ingredients together; enjoy!
You will clearly have lots of leftover seeds and squash[br][br]Swap out your pom dressing for another favorite – maybe a white balsamic![br][br]I used a cranberry feta crumble that was very tasty![br][br]Try this with goat cheese instead of feta