Five Minute Pantry Marinara
Serves: 1 Quart
If you’re stranded without a jar of pasta sauce or pizza sauce – fret not! My guess is you have the ingredients to make your own all purpose marinara sauce in your pantry! This multi-use sauce shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to prep and then about 30 minutes on the stove. This is my go-to for things like: pizza sauce, pasta sauce, a base for soup, or a base for a chili.
- Tomato Soup, Condensed – 2 cans
- Water – 1 can
- Onion – 1/2 of one whole
- Butter – 2 Tablespoons
- Brown Sugar – 1 Tablespoon
- Dried Parsley – 1 Tablespoon
- Salt & Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon each
- Crushed Red Pepper Flake – pinch
- Place all ingredients in a pot then simmer for about 30 minutes over low, uncovered (watch the popping of sauce, the lower, the less messy it’ll be!)
- Enjoy immediately or cool and save for later
Sometimes I’ll use a can of condensed tomato soup with a can of crushed tomatoes or tomato puree – the point is that you can use tomato products as a base for a quick, easy sauce![br][br]Add fresh herbs if you have them on hand[br][br]Add fresh basil, cheddar cheese, and cream for a tomato soup![br][br]Use over your favorite pasta or on a homemade pizza dough[br][br]Set it and forget it with a bigger batch in a crock pot over low for 3 hours[br][br]Jar it up, add a sassy label, and give as a gift!